We did venture out today and our little town is much worse than I thought. Huge trees plucked from the earth. Power lines everywhere. Buildings torn apart. We took some pics but it may take some time to get them posted. It may take awhile for things to even begin to get back to normal. Our friends here said this is much worse than Rita, which hit this area harder than Katrina. We really are isolated. I have heard that galveston is in really bad shape. That's sad. We had a trip to the beach planned for the first weekend in October. We were all looking forward to it.
It was about 5:00PM when we saw the first electric trucks rolling in. I think that means they haven't even started work yet. Saw a few national guard trucks.
JJ can't sleep because its dark and she had bad dreams last night. We are camped out in the living room. She is talking non stop and using air "quotes". That cracks me up. Usually she uses them inapropriatly. She's telling me about a visit to my friend's house where they have 3 sons and they had a bonfire and she was putting sticks in the fire(something I so would never let her do) and she dropped her stick and Tanner was the "rescuer" and stomped out the fire. Followed by "boys". I laughed. She used 'em right that time!
I hope we have electricity tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment