Work sucked. All day. All long day. One cutter (twice), three chest pains, one 3rd degree burn to the foot, 50 diabetics, 6 dressing changes, 2 fights, 1 breathing treatment(twice) and 1 bloody nose. The cutter was my old friend, the one who asked for my hand in marriage last week. He winked at me as they escorted him in. I let my co-worker take him the first time. The second time he just had superficial scratches to his thighs, a new area for him, he says. I took him. He said you weren't supposed to be back here until the 3rd, I said I lied, he said I told you I would wait for you to come back,I said you didn't know I was here, he said lady I always know who's here, you think I wanna take a chance that I won't get good medical care. MANIPULATION .
The breathing treatment was from lock up, had to be escorted, in handcuffs, by two officers. They were cute, both younger than my oldest children. They were trying to come up with a story to tell a girlfriend explaining why they were late getting home from work so they could stop for a cold one. I gave them a few tips. One old stand by- "Honey, I'm sorry I'm late, I had to transport an inmate to (insert destination of your choice, depending on the amount of time you need cover ), we just got back. Or "Honey, I am sorry I'm late, there was a big fight and we just finished our paperwork." Those work well, there really is no way for someone "outside" the system to verify it. Unless they have a lot of friends that work there. Then you're just stuck out.
They were grateful, said they would drink one for me. It's all in a days work.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
How about "Honey, it was a long day, so I stopped for a beer on my way home"?
Heh, or have I been single too long to think it's just that simple?
That cutter sounds like a rel piece of work.
does telling the truth really work? and is it really that much fun?
Dave- you have been single too long, it is never that simple. Maria- So glad to know that my influence has not been wasted. The truth is sssooo boring.
Maybe the fact that I don't feel you should have to lie about stuff like that is WHY I've been single so long ;)
Post a Comment