Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blogs,Blogs,Blogs

What do you do when you have no job, no money, and a cute little web enhanced cell phone? Why, you spend hours, and I do mean hours, reading blogs. Funny, sad, insightful, beautiful, glorious blogs. I know more about the lives of people I will never meet than I will ever know about my own family. I love it. I may never go to work.
My grandchildren would enjoy it if I remained at home with them. This family living thing is pretty cool. I know there will be times when I don't think that but right now it works. The most joyous sound in the world is the laughter of little children, especially my cute little blondish, blue eyed grand babies! Sweet little hands covered in cookie crumbs and sticky little faces offering up kisses. It's just so sweet. Their momma has done such a great job with them. They are very routine oriented. They get up, eat breakfast, play, do some art work,and eat lunch. Baby then goes down for his nap. Then Princess(that would be the grand daughter, not the dog) and JJ start their school work. Then Princess goes down for her nap and JJ finishes up her schoolwork. All is quiet for a few hours. I wonder if the nanny would consider two jobs so I can stay home with the babies? I really think that would only last about a month.

4 comments:

bat1994 said...

Wow. How negative AM I??? OKC writes a sweet, loving blog entry and this whole week I've been all, "Six people + small apartment + ice storm + no money... IT'S... THE SHINING!!! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum!"

Anonymous said...

That's where you and I differ majorly. One of my fonder fantasies is to once again be able to live ALONE. Ahhh, sweet, sweet silence, just me and the voices whispering.....

Anonymous said...

I have NEVER lived alone. I went from my crowded family home to a home with my husband(at the age of ten, funny how this age gets lower and lower the older I get)and have lived with various men, family members,and/or children since then.

Anonymous said...

I've gone the roommate route, never lived with a girlfriend though. Heh, one of my first apartments was shared with two other guys. We had garbage piled so high, it was actually higher than the kitchen table and so much mold in the bathroom, it would come off the wall like ice breaking away from a glacier when you took a shower. The video game system, on the other hand, was immaculate.