Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Update

I am down 7 lbs. That is a drop in the bucket compared to what I need to lose, but it is a start. My goal is 41 lbs by my birthday, May 3. And that is just half way where I want to be. I need to take a before pic, but I can't bear to look at myself. I have one pic but I am holding an infant and I'm not sure if I can post it here.
As I was walking last night I realized there is something wrong with my stride. As I step down on my right foot a sharp pain shoots through the outer portion of my calve. As a medical type person I should know the name of that muscle, but I don't. I tend to utilize just the medical knowledge that pertains to my current line of work. At the beginning of my nursing career it was whiny man issues, then little kid stuff, then female reproductive stuff- mainly childbirth. For a while I concentrated on the mis firings and imbalances of the brain, then nutrition during pregnancy and breastfeeding, then back to whiny men and now STI's and birth control. No where in all that stuff is the name of that muscle in the calve, the one that causes me serious pain. I'll just work through it. Cross brought my treadmill from the storage building today. Now I just have to find the key to it and I'll have a temperature controlled, level, in front of the TV, walking space.

As motivation to exercise, I signed up to do a 5K walk in March. I have recruited half my office to join me. We have plans to spend the night in H0u$t0n for a girls night out, then do our walk. If anyone wants to contribute to my cause, email me and I'll send you the link.

My supervisor did my 90 day evaluation, even though it hasn't been 90 days yet. It was nice, she said good things about me. I got a "very good" rating on punctuality(I know!), and attitude (again, I know!), and willingness to accept new job duties.
I love my job. It has been a long time since I have been excited about anything.

I gotta go beat JJ at bowling. Actually it's the other way around!

3 comments:

No Safe Words said...

Hey wait. As a medical type person, what do you think is wrong with my knee?

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

And thanks for the e-mail. Don't worry, I'm being very careful

Anonymous said...

Lordy, it's been forever since I had a chance to peek in on you. Shoot me that link to your 5K walk. I'd be happy to offer some additional incentive.

heck - leave a link in my comments, maybe some of my 3 readers will float through and sponsor you too!